#EndSARS: Over 250 production staff out of work – TVC’s CEO
Chief Executive Officer of Television Continental (TVC), Andrew Hanlon on Thursday said more than 250 production staff have been out of work since the station was razed during the #EndSARS protests.
He spoke when Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, paid condolence visit to management of the burnt station.
Hanlon took the governor round the main auditorium, which was the hub of the TV station’s operation. It was completely razed.
The auditorium housed three main studios, three control rooms, three master control rooms and central transmission laboratory said to have been equipped with the modern communication gadgets worth millions of dollars.
Hanlon also disclosed that over 500 direct employees of the station had been struggling to work in temporary accommodation put up by the company.
He said, “After the rioters invaded our premises and set the place on fire, some buildings in the premises survived.
“But the main transmission building is completely destroyed and it was the hub of our operations. The rioters cast fear and terror in the hearts of our employees when they broke in last week’s Wednesday morning.
“People’s hard work and huge investment that went down into the TV station were destroyed in a period of about an hour. The incident was really traumatising for all of us. The rioters left immense devastation. The entire interior of the building was destroyed. This is all that is left of our bubbling building, which was a centrepiece. Thankfully, no member of staff died in the incident.”
He said the immediate priority was to ensure that all direct employees were looked after, stressing that the means of livelihood of thousands of indirect workers attached to the brand had been threatened.
He said efforts are being made to return TVC to full operations.
Comments are closed.